How to hide apps on Samsung Galaxy phones
All mobile phone brands, not just Samsung, must have the "Hide App" or "Hidden App" option. This is a very important step to keep user info safe. For example, if a Samsung mobile phone is lost or stolen, the thief can't immediately access the data in a locked app, even if he knows the open password.
How to hide apps on Samsung phones
The first and best way is to use a function that comes with every Samsung phone. All you have to do in this case is open the Settings or Settings menu. Later, you'll be able to hide certain apps, and you'll need a password to get to them.
If you're still confused, here's how to hide apps on Samsung:
- Long-press the home screen of your phone, then choose "Home screen settings." Or you can look for it in the settings menu under the name Home Screen Settings.
- Then tap "Hide apps" and check the boxes next to the apps you want to hide.
- Click "Apply" when you're done.
After that, if you want to use the app without having to hide and show it every time, just type its name into the search box at the top of the All Applications page.
How to retrieve hidden apps on Samsung phone
In the event that you want to restore the hidden application back to the list of applications, all you have to do is repeat the same previous steps:
- home screen settings → hide apps,
- You will see a minus (-) symbol appear on the app that you have previously hidden from the list of apps.
- Click on the symbol (-) to return the hidden application.
Hide apps with Secure Folder
There is another easy way to hide apps on Samsung phones that doesn't involve going to the Settings menu. People think that this way is safer because we can lock the app with a PIN or our fingerprint.
Follow the steps below:
- Start by going to your phone's Settings menu.
- Next, look for "Biometrics" and "Biometrics and Security".
- Then choose Secure Folder from the list that comes up.
- Then agree to start the process of activation.
- Set a password or PIN to use to get into the app.
- Lastly, choose the app you want to lock and add it to the safe folder.
You can also find the Secure Folder feature in the links in the notification list. Just run the shortcut, and the application will show up in the list of applications. From there, you can open it and store the apps you want to keep safe.
At this point, you should now know how to hide an app on a Samsung Galaxy phone. Very simple, right? The method described above can be used without any other programs.