Over 3.3 Million Visitors in 6 Months: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

In the first half of 2023, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre (SZGMC) in Abu Dhabi experienced an astounding surge in visitors, with a total of 3,334,757 individuals, marking a remarkable 127 percent increase compared to the same period last year.

Read also: Coping with UAE's Summer Heat: Tips for Residents

The Magnitude of Visitors: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre's Phenomenal Growth

Among these visitors, there were 914,195 worshippers and a staggering 2,388,437 tourists. Of the tourists, 1,684,409 explored the mosque itself, while 704,028 explored the visitor center and market. Additionally, the mosque's jogging track saw a notable footfall of 32,125 people during the first half of 2023.

Unprecedented Worship: A Historic Day and Friday Prayers

On April 21, a momentous day for the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, it witnessed the highest number of worshippers ever recorded in a single day. A staggering total of 63,919 individuals came together to perform their prayers, highlighting the mosque's significance as a revered place of worship. Furthermore, when it comes to Friday prayers, the highest number of worshippers reached 12,176 individuals on June 30, 2023. In terms of general visitors, the second day of Eid Al Fitr, observed on April 22, attracted the highest number of visitors with 33,682 individuals. Conversely, the lowest number of visitors in a single day was recorded on June 21, with 5,410 individuals.

A Global Appeal: Visitors from Around the World

The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre attracts visitors from diverse countries, with India taking the lead, accounting for 393,566 visitors. Russia follows closely with 130,023 visitors, and China with 99,277. The United States recorded 92,364 visitors, while Germany welcomed 76,857. Italy and France drew 61,330 and 53,996 visitors, respectively. Additionally, Israel had 53,974 visitors, Pakistan had 47,640, and the United Kingdom saw 45,790 visitors. These statistics demonstrate the global reach and universal appeal of the mosque.

Ramadan: A Time of Spiritual and Touristic Significance

During the Holy Month of Ramadan, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre experienced an unprecedented surge of visitors, with a total of 852,714 individuals visiting the mosque during Ramadan and the subsequent Eid Al Fitr holidays. Among these visitors, domestic tourists accounted for 19 percent, while international tourists made up the remaining 81 percent. This surge reaffirms the mosque's position as a top global tourist attraction, drawing millions of visitors every year. Moreover, during Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr, a significant number of worshippers, totaling 452,047, performed prayers at the mosque, including 122,449 for the evening and Taraweeh prayers, as well as 180,896 for Tahajjud prayers.

Celebrating Cultural Heritage: Promoting Tolerance through Cultural Tours

The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre plays a pivotal role in promoting its message of tolerance by offering cultural tours that showcase the richness of Islamic culture and local heritage. Throughout the first half of 2023, the mosque's cultural tour specialists conducted 2,637 tours, attracting 37,402 visitors from various corners of the world. Furthermore, the centre organized a variety of religious and cultural programs, presented in innovative ways, which captivated the interest of more than 1,365 visitors during this period. These efforts further solidify the mosque's global accomplishments and its recognition as a leading cultural and historical destination.

Follow Us on Follow Elmethaq at Google News