Installing artificial grass at home
In the 1960s, an American biotechnology company started making artificial grass from nylon, polyester, and polypropylene by heating and cooling them. Artificial grass, which mimics real grass, is utilized in sports stadium floors and certain residential and commercial spaces since it doesn't require watering.
Advantages of using artificial grass
Artificial grass has many benefits that make it a good choice and sometimes even a better choice than real grass. Here, we'll talk about the most important things about fake grass:
- Low cost, easy and quick to set up, low upkeep, and immune to weather and changes.
- Its color doesn't change after a certain amount of time, and its lifespan is usually between 15 and 20 years, but it can be longer or shorter than that based on the area and how it is used. For example, its age goes down in fields and up in parks.
- It is not bad for the earth if it is made according to the right rules and specs.
- It doesn't need to be watered or irrigated at all, unlike real grass, which needs a lot of water.
- It doesn't need to be cut, even though many of the costs of tools, equipment, and human work can be cut.
- It is easy to put in place and doesn't take as long to grow as real grass.
- It makes it easier for the ball to move, which makes it less likely that players will get hurt. As a result, more goals are scored.
Disadvantages of using artificial grass
Also, artificial grass has many advantages, there are many disadvantages of artificial grass for homes and others, as artificial grass and due to its artificial composition changes when exposed to heat, so it is necessary to be careful if it is installed in hot places, and in the event of a fire flame falling on it, it must Be careful of it due to the rising of toxic fumes from the plastic materials it is composed of, which may pose a threat to human health in the event of its poor quality and violation of standards, and can cause many diseases.
Different kinds of fake grass
If you want to make artificial grass fields or use it somewhere else, you need to choose the right type for the area. There are many different types of fake grass, each with its own qualities. There are three kinds of fake grass:
- Polyethylene is the best type of fake grass for people who want a green area without giving up the beauty of the place.
- Nylon: Nylon grass is thought to be one of the best types of fake grass for homes because it can stand up to high temperatures and keep its shape even when kids play hard on it.
- Polypropylene: This type is the cheapest option to fake grass. It has a soft feel and can't handle strong play. It might work as a herb for a home garden indoors.