How to get rid of sore throat quickly and naturally
Most cases of sore throat are caused by viruses, and this means that antibiotics and medications used to treat bacterial infections will not help to improve faster, but sore throat may occur due to bacteria, and these cases may require consulting a doctor to prescribe a treatment for sore throat.
Read also : Juventus vs AC Milan line up
The best remedy for sore throat
In addition to the medications prescribed by the doctor, we will introduce you to the best treatment for severe sore throat, which is a set of procedures that can be done at home.
- Drink warm and cold fluids
- Warm fluids are the best treatment for sore throat in children and adults, as the doctor usually recommends them to significantly reduce
symptoms, as they work on:
- Help purify mucous membranes, improve breathing.
- Prevent sinus infections.
- Reduce high temperature.
- Ease a cough by soothing the back of the throat.
The best drinks for sore throat include:
- Herbal Tea: Sore throat and phlegm can be treated with herbs such as anise, chamomile, cloves, green tea, mint, ginger, sage, and turmeric.
- Chicken soup: Chicken soup is an effective drink to relieve sore throat and associated symptoms.
- You can also try cold liquids such as ice water and juices, depending on how they help soothe your throat.
Gargle with salt water
Another method of the best treatment for sore throat and cold, which is gargling with salt water, by following these steps:
- Dissolve half a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water, and the salt can be replaced with a similar amount of baking soda.
- Gargle with the mixture every three hours without swallowing it.
- Salt water can help reduce swelling and irritation in the throat, baking soda soothes the throat and loosens mucus and can help get rid of acid reflux in the throat.
Steam and moisture
It is recommended to take a hot bath to take advantage of the water vapor, as inhaling it helps relieve sore throat and moisturize it, as well as loosen mucus.
Many people think that taking a remedy for sore throat will replace the need for rest, but in fact, rest is one of the most important ways to help treat sore throat, and the head must be placed on a pillow and the eyes closed to get relief, and the matter must be repeated as needed.
This helps boost the immune system's functions to fight off infection and get rid of it, and intense exertion can exacerbate the problem rather than cure it.
Avoid certain foods
It is necessary to know the forbidden food when sore throat to avoid it during the recovery period, and it includes:
- fatty foods
- Pickles and salty foods.
- Spicy foods.
- Soft drinks.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruits, although it is possible to drink water with a few drops of lemon added to it, but it is recommended not to overdo it or eat it undiluted to avoid further congestion.