How to Acquire a Driving License in Saudi Arabia
Because of the extensive number of steps involved, getting a driver's license in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia might be difficult for foreigners who are visiting the country for the first time.
How to get a driving license in Saudi Arabia?
On the other hand, the following concise guide will assist you in comprehending the fundamental actions and prerequisites necessary to get a driver's license in Saudi Arabia:
- The prerequisites and qualifications needed to acquire a driving license in Saudi Arabia
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- Valid Iqama (Residence Permit)
- Date on which Absher's driver's license was issued
- A copy of the passport, including the page containing the visa, if available.
- Four passport size pictures (4 x 6 cm).
- A completed Saudi driving license application form
- Report of a medical test required for obtaining a driver's license
- You need to pay the price for your driver's license.
- In the event that there is a Saudi driving license application form, translate the international driver's license.
To begin the process of applying for a driver's license in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you will first need to contact Absher in order to schedule an appointment for the driving license.
You will need to make an appointment via the Absher site in order to get the process of acquiring a Saudi driving license started.
In addition, if you already possess a valid driver's license from another nation, you are exempt from having to take any driving lessons; instead, you will be permitted to go through to the testing phase of the licensing process.
Take final exams
After you have finished your driving lessons (if they are necessary), you will have to take your final tests, which will consist of a computer test and a test of your ability to park in reverse.
Also, make sure you maintain your concentration and put all you discovered throughout the training to use.
Receive your driver's license
After you have successfully completed all of the requisite examinations, you will take your file, which includes all of the necessary paperwork, to the counter that is specifically dedicated to acquire your driver's license.
And now that you have your brand new Saudi driving license in your possession, you are prepared to take the road with assurance and safety.
How to track the status of your driver's license online
To check the status of your driving license online follow these steps:
- Access the Absher portal and login with your credentials.
- Select "My Services" from the available options.
- Click "Inquiries" to continue.
- From the menu, select Traffic to access traffic-related services.
- Next, click "General Inquiry Driver's License" to inquire about the license.
- Enter your residence number and date of birth in the designated fields.
- Click on the "View" button to check the status of your driver's license.