How can I get over my habit of sleeping too much?
Due to the fast-paced lifestyle we live in and the many stresses of life and the many tasks, some people are unfortunately forced to reduce the number of hours they sleep, which negatively affects their mental, physical, and psychological health and may lead to many health problems, such as a weak immune system, loss of concentration and poor memory, and poor job performance.
Read also : Get a handle on the jealous feelings you have.
What do we mean by too much sleep?
The problem of oversleeping is defined as a regular and noticeable increase in the number of hours of sleep, such as a person sleeping from 11-13 hours a day, when the normal number of hours of sleep for an adult ranges between 7-9 hours, and there are many reasons behind this problem, such as hypothyroidism, depression, or sleep disorders, as well as the possibility that it is due to taking a certain medication. Oversleeping can also be a side effect of taking certain medications.
How to stop oversleeping?
Some ways to combat sleepiness:
Change your morning routine.
Start your day active and optimistic. Start your day with sunshine by opening your curtains. Plan your day over breakfast. The importance of sticking to a sleep schedule and maintaining a regular sleep pattern cannot be overstated. Over time, your body will get used to waking up at the same time every day, and you will be able to wake up without an alarm.
The continual sense of weariness and exhaustion from not having a deep and restful sleep may cause excessive sleep, thus it's important to maintain good sleep habits and make some modifications to the daily routine, such as:
- Start by washing your face, brushing your teeth, putting on your pajamas, and dimming the lights to create a relaxing ambiance that helps you go asleep early.
- Turn off TV, computer, and phone before bed.
- Maintain a reasonable bedroom temperature to improve sleep quality.
- If you like reading, read a book to relax and fall asleep quickly.
- Fat keeps you awake at night, so eat light things like fresh vegetables and fruits instead.
- Spend 30 minutes a day in the sun to feel more awake and energetic throughout the day and sleep deeply at night.
Coffee, tea, energy drinks, and chocolate contain caffeine. Caffeine disrupts brain adenosine receptors, causing insomnia and reduced drowsiness at night, preventing the body from receiving enough. prevent coffee in the evening to prevent feeling weary throughout the day.
Exercise promotes deep sleep. Exercises include:
- Walking regularly for 10 minutes increases brain oxygen and body activity.
- Deep breathing improves blood circulation, which boosts mental and physical performance.
- Exercising for 30 minutes a day improves sleep quality by increasing energy and activity and reducing lethargy and exhaustion.