Nationalities of Top Visitors to Zayed Grand Mosque in the UAE

Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre (SZGMC) experienced a remarkable surge in visitors during the first half of 2023, as it welcomed a staggering 3,334,757 individuals. This marked an impressive 127 percent increase compared to the same period last year.

Read also : UAE Sets Ambitious Goal: 50% Electric Vehicles on Roads by 2050


Surge in Visitors at Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

The visitors consisted of 914,195 worshippers and 2,388,437 tourists, with 1,684,409 individuals exploring the mosque itself and 704,028 visitors exploring the mosque's visitor centre and market. These figures exemplify the mosque's commitment to delivering exceptional services to both worshipers and visitors, offering diverse and unforgettable experiences. Additionally, the mosque's jogging track catered to the fitness needs of 32,125 people throughout H1 2023.

Global Status of Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

As a testament to its global significance, Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque remains a top tourist attraction, with domestic visitors accounting for 19 percent of the total and international visitors making up the remaining 81 percent. The mosque's unparalleled appeal draws millions of visitors annually, solidifying its position as one of the world's premier destinations. Moreover, the mosque's library saw 1,104 visitors, while a staggering 757,026 vehicles transported individuals to the mosque, underscoring its popularity and accessibility.

Prestigious Rankings and Official Delegations at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque has garnered well-deserved recognition worldwide, securing impressive accolades. In TripAdvisor's 'Travelers' Choice Awards for 2022: the Best of the Best Destinations' list, the mosque ranked first in the region and fourth in the "Top Attractions" subcategory. Furthermore, it attained the ninth position globally in the awards' "Top Cultural & Historical Tours" subcategory. The mosque's prominence is further highlighted by the visits of numerous official delegations. In the first half of 2023 alone, it hosted 648 official delegation bookings, accommodating 10,979 individuals. Notably, the mosque welcomed 167 high-level delegations, including visits from heads of state, deputy heads of state, prime ministers, parliament heads, ministers, deputy ministers, and ambassadors, among others.

Promoting Islamic Culture at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

Beyond its religious significance, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque assumes a crucial role in promoting Islamic culture and spreading a message of tolerance rooted in the true teachings of Islam. Through its cultural tours, the mosque attracts visitors from around the globe, conducting 2,637 tours and captivating 37,402 individuals during H1 2023. These tours offer a unique and innovative presentation of religious and cultural programs, immersing visitors in local cultural heritage. Notably, programs such as Jusoor have garnered significant interest, contributing to the mosque's cultural impact.

Title: Remarkable Statistics of Worshipers and Visitors at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

On April 21, 2023, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque experienced an extraordinary day with a record-breaking number of worshipers. A staggering total of 63,919 individuals performed prayers, marking an unprecedented turnout. In terms of Friday prayers, June 30, 2023, witnessed the highest number of worshipers, reaching 12,176 individuals. Furthermore, April 22, the second day of Eid Al Fitr, saw the peak of visitor numbers, as 33,682 individuals flocked to the mosque. Conversely, June 21 recorded the lowest daily visitor count, with 5,410 individuals in attendance.

Diverse International Visitors to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

The global appeal of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is evident in the diverse origins of its visitors. India takes the lead with the highest number of visitors at 393,566, followed by Russia (130,023), China (99,277), the US (92,364), Germany (76,857), Italy (61,330), France (53,996), Israel (53,974), Pakistan (47,640), and the UK (45,790). These numbers demonstrate the mosque's ability to attract individuals from various countries, showcasing its universal allure.

Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

During the Holy Month of Ramadan in 1444 A.H., Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque experienced an unparalleled influx of worshipers and tourists. A total of 852,714 individuals visited the mosque during Ramadan and the subsequent Eid Al Fitr holidays. Among them, 452,047 individuals engaged in prayers at the mosque, including 122,449 for evening and Taraweeh prayers, and 180,896 for Tahajjud prayers. These numbers underscore the mosque's significance during this sacred time and its ability to accommodate and cater to the spiritual needs of countless individuals.

Follow Us on Follow Elmethaq at Google News